Sour Cream – 3/4 cup
Green Chili Paste – 1 tsp or to taste
Ginger – 1 tsp, minced
Sesame Seeds – 1/2 Tbsp
Salt – to taste
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp, roughly powdered
Rice Flour – 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp
All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 1/2 Tbsp
Oil – for deep frying
1. In a medium mixing bowl, add all ingredients EXCEPT Rice Flour and All Purpose Flour. Mix well and adjust salt.
2. Add Rice Flour and All Purpose Flour and mix to form a soft dough using your hands.
3. Heat Oil in a pan for deep frying.
4. Place dough in a lightly oiled Sev Maker or Press using the single star disc.
5. Form Chaklis in a circular pattern on a piece of foil or wax paper. They can be approx 2 inches in diameter.
6. Once Oil is hot, carefully lift each chakli off of the foil and drop it in the oil. Chakli can be placed on a spatula and slid into the oil for safety.
7. Fry (on medium heat) as many chaklis as will fit into the pan without overlapping each other.
8. Once the chaklis turn light golden, flip them over and fry other side until light golden.
9. Remove chaklis from oil onto a paper towel lined plate. Cool completely before eating. Store in an airtight container or ziploc bag at room temperature.
10. Makes approx 17-18 chaklis.